Re: Vim 6.0k - syntax folding bug and compiling on OpenBSD

  • Utz-Uwe Haus
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hi,

      On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:50:26AM +0100, Andreas Gunnarsson wrote:
      [dd]
      > I've also found a bug when folding by syntax, I get the error
      > "ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483640" and it is not possible to do
      > anything useful with Vim when I use the following .vimrc:
      [dd]

      fixed yesterday, see Bram's email
      Re: [patch] bug in syntax folding when using :syn sync fromstart

      (on http://www.egroups.com/list/vimdev if you're not subscribed to
      vim-dev)

      Later
      Utz

      --
      Utz-Uwe Haus haus@...-magdeburg.de
      Inst. f. Math. Optim. utz@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
        Andreas Gunnarsson wrote:

        > I've been using Vim for a while, and since folding is something I have
        > wanted I downloaded and compiled Vim 6.0k today.
        > I'm running it on OpenBSD 2.8 (well, as close to 2.8 as possible; it will
        > be released soon). I configured Vim with:
        > ./configure --with-tliba="curses" --disable-gui --without-x
        >
        > I got an error when compiling; stack_t doesn't seem to be defined on
        > OpenBSD. The problem is at line 558 of os_unix.c
        > It is easily fixed by changing
        > static stack_t sigstk;
        > static struct sigaltstack sigstk;
        > It could be done with "#ifdef __OpenBSD__" but I guess a nicer solution
        > would be to have configure to check for stack_t.

        Checking my manpage I found that FreeBSD also uses "struct sigaltstack". It
        appears to be standard. stack_t probably comes from a standardisation
        committee. I'll change it to use "struct sigaltstack".

        > I've also found a bug when folding by syntax, I get the error
        > "ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483640" and it is not possible to do
        > anything useful with Vim when I use the following .vimrc:
        >
        > syn region=foldsection start="<section>" end="</section>" transparent fold
        > syn sync fromstart
        > set foldmethod=syntax
        >
        > It works fine if I use 'syn sync minlines=10000' instead of
        > 'syn sync fromstart'

        Check the recent messages on vim-dev, there is a piece of code I sent that
        fixes this problem. The Subject is: Re: [patch] bug in syntax folding when
        using :syn sync fromstart.

        --
        You have heard the saying that if you put a thousand monkeys in a room with a
        thousand typewriters and waited long enough, eventually you would have a room