Vim 6.0k - syntax folding bug and compiling on OpenBSD

  • Andreas Gunnarsson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      I've been using Vim for a while, and since folding is something I have
      wanted I downloaded and compiled Vim 6.0k today.
      I'm running it on OpenBSD 2.8 (well, as close to 2.8 as possible; it will
      be released soon). I configured Vim with:
      ./configure --with-tliba="curses" --disable-gui --without-x

      I got an error when compiling; stack_t doesn't seem to be defined on
      OpenBSD. The problem is at line 558 of os_unix.c
      It is easily fixed by changing
      static stack_t sigstk;
      static struct sigaltstack sigstk;
      It could be done with "#ifdef __OpenBSD__" but I guess a nicer solution
      would be to have configure to check for stack_t.

      I've also found a bug when folding by syntax, I get the error
      "ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483640" and it is not possible to do
      anything useful with Vim when I use the following .vimrc:

      syn region=foldsection start="<section>" end="</section>" transparent fold
      syn sync fromstart
      set foldmethod=syntax

      It works fine if I use 'syn sync minlines=10000' instead of
      'syn sync fromstart'

      I haven't spent any time investigating it since I don't know if it's a
      known problem. If not I can try to find the problem, but I don't have
      much spare time right now so it could take a while. I've put this info
      and the information mentioned on http://www.vim.org/howto/bugrep.html
      here:
      http://www.zzlevo.net/misc/viminfo.html

      Andreas
    • Utz-Uwe Haus
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
        Hi,

        On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:50:26AM +0100, Andreas Gunnarsson wrote:
        [dd]
        > I've also found a bug when folding by syntax, I get the error
        > "ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483640" and it is not possible to do
        > anything useful with Vim when I use the following .vimrc:
        [dd]

        fixed yesterday, see Bram's email
        Re: [patch] bug in syntax folding when using :syn sync fromstart

        (on http://www.egroups.com/list/vimdev if you're not subscribed to
        vim-dev)

        Later
        Utz

        --
        Utz-Uwe Haus haus@...-magdeburg.de
        Inst. f. Math. Optim. utz@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
          Andreas Gunnarsson wrote:

          > I've been using Vim for a while, and since folding is something I have
          > wanted I downloaded and compiled Vim 6.0k today.
          > I'm running it on OpenBSD 2.8 (well, as close to 2.8 as possible; it will
          > be released soon). I configured Vim with:
          > ./configure --with-tliba="curses" --disable-gui --without-x
          >
          > I got an error when compiling; stack_t doesn't seem to be defined on
          > OpenBSD. The problem is at line 558 of os_unix.c
          > It is easily fixed by changing
          > static stack_t sigstk;
          > static struct sigaltstack sigstk;
          > It could be done with "#ifdef __OpenBSD__" but I guess a nicer solution
          > would be to have configure to check for stack_t.

          Checking my manpage I found that FreeBSD also uses "struct sigaltstack". It
          appears to be standard. stack_t probably comes from a standardisation
          committee. I'll change it to use "struct sigaltstack".

          > I've also found a bug when folding by syntax, I get the error
          > "ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483640" and it is not possible to do
          > anything useful with Vim when I use the following .vimrc:
          >
          > syn region=foldsection start="<section>" end="</section>" transparent fold
          > syn sync fromstart
          > set foldmethod=syntax
          >
          > It works fine if I use 'syn sync minlines=10000' instead of
          > 'syn sync fromstart'

          Check the recent messages on vim-dev, there is a piece of code I sent that
          fixes this problem. The Subject is: Re: [patch] bug in syntax folding when
          using :syn sync fromstart.

          --
          You have heard the saying that if you put a thousand monkeys in a room with a
          thousand typewriters and waited long enough, eventually you would have a room