Re: Justify.vim

  • DouglasPotts@spectral-sys.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
      From the looks of things, I assume that the '&' is getting expanded to:

      magic nomagic action ~
      & \& replaced with the whole matched pattern

      see :h sub-replace-special
      -Doug

      --
      *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
      Douglas L. Potts Spectral Systems, Inc. Url: http://www.bigfoot.com/~pottsdl

      "Alexander
      Wagner" To: "vim-dev" <vim-dev@...>
      <A.Wagner@Big cc:
      foot.de> Subject: Justify.vim

      11/01/00
      10:26 AM
      Please
      respond to
      "Alexander
      Wagner"

      Hi!

      Don't know if this is a 6.0k issue or a justify-issue anyway
      maybe there's some solution arround. Justify doesn't like
      some characters. Something wired happesn if I try to
      justify text that contains e.g. the string "AT&T". As you
      may see here:

      Don't know if this is a 6.0k issue or a justify-issue anyway
      maybe there's some solution arround. Justify doesn't like
      some characters. Something wired happesn if I try to
      justify text that contains e.g. the string "ATjustify text that contains
      e.g. the string "AT&T". As youT". As you
      may see here:

      CU/2 (( In the beginning was The Word.
      Alexander Wagner )) And The Word was Content-type: text/plain
      Team OS/2 Franken (( -=[ Team OS/2 Germany #294 ]=-
      Please use only A.Wagner@... or A.Wagner@... for
      replies, even if some other addresses may appear. Thanks!
      --> Get my PGP-key with Subject: Request for PGP-Keys <--
    • c928400@student.dtu.dk
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
        Thus wrote Alexander Wagner (A.Wagner@...) on [001101]:
        > On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:58:11 +0100, c928400@... wrote:

        > Hi!

        > > Just popping in as the author here...

        > Thanks for that nice scirpt!

        Most welcome! It is always nice to know, that someone uses my
        script(s).

        > > " Replace the line (brings the cursor to the line)
        > > setline(cur, str)

        > This is what vim (6.0k alpha) said:

        > Error detected while processing function Justify:
        > line 151:
        > Not an editor command: setline(cur, str)

        Args! make that

        call setline(cur, str)
        exec line(cur)

        > BTW: I came across a minor issue when using blockquotes.
        > Sometimes your script counts a space at the end of a line as
        > char. So instead filling in an additional space within the
        > line it leaves the line one char to short. As it's only
        > cosmitics it's not "mission critical". Just FYI.

        A bug is a bug... :-)

        Can you provide me with an example where this happens?

        As all whitespace at end of line is stripped, I think it must be in
        the adjustment of the number of spaces in the line.

        Thanks for pointing out these errors.

        Peppe
      • c928400@student.dtu.dk
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2000
          Thus wrote Alexander Wagner (A.Wagner@...) on [001101]:

          > Hi!

          > Don't know if this is a 6.0k issue or a justify-issue anyway
          > maybe there's some solution arround. Justify doesn't like
          > some characters. Something wired happesn if I try to
          > justify text that contains e.g. the string "AT&T". As you
          > may see here:

          Indeed, not enough characters were escaped (in the old way of doing
          things).

          I also fixed problems with leading tabs and missing characters with
          'joinspaces' set (calculations were wrong).

          Attached is the new version, that should replace
          $VIMRUNTIME/macros/justify.vim

          Peppe