netrw.vim and mime-type

  • Utz-Uwe Haus
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hi,

      I just noticed that when using the netrw script to read a http-uri that
      does not have a filetype-autodetectable extension we do not get filetype
      set. This is to be expected, given that it just passes the buffer on to
      the BufReadPost autocommands.
      How about mapping the Content-Type: header that can be extracted from
      wget (-s option prepends the http header plus a '^$'-matchable line to
      the file) to vim filetypes? that way we could get correct file type
      even on uri's like http://www.google.com/ or any stuff that gets fed as
      'text/html', no matter what the uri?

      What do you think?
      I'll probably write it for myself anyway, but I don't know when... but
      if anybody needs a new project :>

      Later
      Utz

      --