Re: Question on new indenting stuff

  • Laurent Duperval
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2000
      On 12 Oct, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Laurent Duperval wrote:
      >
      >> I looked at the docs on the new indenting mechanism and I'mk trying to write
      >> an indent file for Tcl, which will follow the Tcl guidelines. My problem is
      >> that I know it uses the indent file, since selecting text and trying '='
      >> does something, but it doesn't work while I'm typing. Is the goal to allow
      >> indenting as you type (like it does when writing C or Java code) or does it
      >> only format after the fact?
      >
      > Check out the 'indentkeys' option (formerly 'cinkeys' was used). You can add
      > a word on which you want to trigger the indenting. For Vim scripts I use:
      >
      > setlocal indentkeys+==end
      >
      > This triggers on "endif", "endwhile", etc. The default "e" already triggers
      > on "else" and "elseif".

      Ok, thanks. I'll take a look at all this.

      MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

      Laurent Duperval "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
      Netergy Networks - Java Center and we who are here have failed it."
      Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228 -Doug Camilli
      mailto:laurent.duperval@... Penguin Power!