Re: folding thoughts again

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2000
      Johannes Zellner wrote:

      > > It's possible. We should then probably add a command to apply 'foldlevel'
      > > to the whole text, so that some folds will be closed.
      >
      > you mean `apply foldlevel to the range which was just pasted' ?

      I was thinking of a command that would apply 'foldlevel' to the whole file.
      Something you use after changing some text, when you want to look for another
      place to work on.

      > > One problem is that when updating folds, some folds may be deleted and
      > > created again (at a different level or position). This may open them.
      > > We'll have to see it to find out if it's really a problem.
      >
      > If fold levels change, it is ok to open them. Yes. This is a
      > short explanation for my wish: open all folds which change.
      > Well. I see the problem with this. Suppose I want to do a <<
      > on a number of lines which are partly folded. In this case
      > it might be disturbing, if all the collapsed folds open.

      Right. And inserting a "{" might cause following folds to have a higher
      foldlevel. You probably don't want to open them then. Only the fold
      containing the line with the "{" should be forced open.

      > I guess we just have to play around with different modes
      > so see what is convenient.

      Indeed. I'll dive in the folding stuff again one of these days...

      263. You have more e-mail address than shorts.