Re: 60h: Which .vimrc ?

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2000
      iain truskett wrote:

      > * Zdenek Sekera (zs@...) [02 Oct 2000 19:38]:
      > > Is there any way to find out (when already in vim) which .vimrc
      > > it has used for startup? (vim -u VIMRC). I'd like to know that
      > > for maps/functions.
      >
      > vim -V1
      >
      > shows every file that's being sourced.

      Yes, it does, but it wasn't my question.
      I need to find out when I am already in vim, your suggestion talks about
      when you 'call vim'.

      ---Zdenek
    • iain truskett
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2000
        * Zdenek Sekera (zs@...) [02 Oct 2000 22:57]:
        > iain truskett wrote:
        > > * Zdenek Sekera (zs@...) [02 Oct 2000 19:38]:
        > > > Is there any way to find out (when already in vim) which .vimrc
        > > > it has used for startup? (vim -u VIMRC). I'd like to know that
        > > > for maps/functions.
        > >
        > > vim -V1
        > >
        > > shows every file that's being sourced.

        > Yes, it does, but it wasn't my question.
        > I need to find out when I am already in vim, your suggestion talks about
        > when you 'call vim'.

        Arg. I'm an idiot.

        I'll change my answer to:

        As far as I'm aware there is not a way. You could try and kludge it
        by having variables set in your .vimrc so you know (which won't work
        for ones you can't modify), but there isn't a variable that stores
        which .vimrc was loaded.

        Sorry about the bad answer before. I must remember to read things more
        carefully.

        cheers,
        --
        iain truskett, aka Koschei. <http://eh.org/~koschei/>
        You know you are addicted to coffee if...
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2000
          iain truskett wrote:

          [...]
          > As far as I'm aware there is not a way. You could try and kludge it
          > by having variables set in your .vimrc so you know (which won't work
          > for ones you can't modify), but there isn't a variable that stores
          > which .vimrc was loaded.

          Wouldn't that be nice to have one? Say 'vimrc', 'gvimrc' to make it
          all clear...:-).

          I am using it in mappings like:

          map ,v :e ~/.vimrc (I think it comes originally from Sven)

          and that, of course works only for default, when vim is called as
          vim -u file, it doesn't work anymore, it would be nice if one could
          make it work.

          > Sorry about the bad answer before. I must remember to read things more
          > carefully.

          Don't you worry, that happens to me all the time :-)

          ---Zdenek