Vim6: search(), third argument; offset?

  • Christian J. Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2000
      Would it be possible to add an optional third argument to search() to
      allow an offset, such that:
      /<pattern>/<offset>

      Becomes:
      search("<pattern>", 0, "<offset>")

      Thanks,
      Christian

      --
      Dumb v2.0: Upgrade from stupid.
      Christian J. Robinson <infynity@...> ICQ: 15869262
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2000
        Hello,

        "Christian J. Robinson" wrote:

        > Would it be possible to add an optional third argument to search() to
        > allow an offset, such that:
        > /<pattern>/<offset>
        >
        > Becomes:
        > search("<pattern>", 0, "<offset>")

        I think there's some thing to do with the search() function. It's
        needed since a long time and we need a good one. :)

        It seems the function can't search upward, why ? This function
        could probably return the column position when it succeeded.

        Or, may be this function is fine, and user should surround it with
        some programmable stuff...

        What's the discussion about this function implementation ?

        Sylvain.
        --
        - Sylvain VIART - Informaticien - Analyste programmeur -
        Montréal
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2000
          Hello,