Re: Patch for ADVAPI Problems (ACL's under Windows)

  • maurice s. barnum
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5 10:10 PM
      Brent Fulgham <brent.fulgham@...> writes:

      : Hello fellow VIM'rs:
      :
      : Attached is a patch that seems to fix the ADVAPI32.DLL problem
      : I (and others) have had when running under Windows 95. This
      : should work under NT, but I'd like someone to try it out.

      two suggestions:

      1) include WINAPI in your function pointer typedefs. that way you
      won't care whether the default calling convention is __stdcall.

      typedef DWORD WINAPI (*PSNSECINFO) (LPTSTR, enum SE_OBJECT_TYPE,
      SECURITY_INFORMATION, PSECURITY_DESCRIPTOR*);

      etc.

      2) don't bother checking for the windows flavor, just call
      LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress(). that way if MS adds these to some
      future win9x (ME?), things will "just work". the only wrinkle then is
      telling the difference between uninitialized and invalid function
      pointers. i'd probably go with the boring: having a flag variable in
      one of three states:

      not initialized
      acl api available
      acl api not available

      my apologies for not supplying a patch to your patch: i don't have
      windows handy to test it tonight.

      --xmsb