Re: Motif scrollbar bugfix for vim60g

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2000
      David Harrison wrote:

      > Version: vim60g
      >
      > Problem description:
      > Motif scrollbars are not showing on the screen when they should be in some
      > cases.
      >
      > Conditions to reproduce:
      > )using vim60g, start it up with no file loaded and in gui mode.
      > )set nosplitright
      > )set nosplitbelow
      > )Now, horizontally split the file using the "CTRL-W s" key sequence.
      > )So far, so good. Your cursor should be in the top window.
      > )Next, vertically split the (upper) window with "CTRL-W v".
      > )The lower scrollbar is no longer showing. Not only that, but the
      > "textArea" has grown to the right as well!?
      >
      > Solution:
      > Update the scrollbars correctly.
      > The current code works for simple cases of splitting (like when splitright
      > is set... is this YOUR default Bram?). I was unsure of exactly how to solve
      > this problem, is this okay Bram?

      Hmm, you are solving this in the machine-specific function. I don't
      think a scrollbar can be enabled for the wrong side. I do see that it goes
      wrong when disabling a scrollbar that's not on the far left or right. So only
      that part of the patch is really needed.

      I made a change in the generic GUI code, which should fix this problem.
      Please try in the next release.

      --
      ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to shut up.
      OLD WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?