Re: vim6.0g weirdnesses

  • Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2000
      -On [20000830 11:04], Bram Moolenaar (Bram@...) wrote:

      >Jeroen Ruigrok wrote:
      >
      >> vim6.0g has this weird behaviour:
      >>
      >> when I open a file and I do a `cw' it will [sometimes] change the first
      >> ~ which marks the end of the file to a partial copy of the line above
      >> it. Same with cl or any other c combo.
      >>
      >> After you are done with the c command and hit ESC it will restore the
      >> modified ~ line back to the ~.
      >
      >Are you using the "$" to show at the end of the change? Then this was fixed
      >by a recent patch. Just wait for Vim 6.0h and check if it's fixed.

      I am not using $.

      I think the ++current_col; patch possibly fixed this as well.

      >> Another weird thing was when I was editing a perl script today, after I
      >> typed:
      >>
      >> } else
      >>
      >> I wanted to A after the else and add a { and continue coding. vim's
      >> status said INSERT, but it totally froze.
      >>
      >> A gdb backtrace on the running PID showed almost only free()'s, I had to
      >> kill the PID.
      >
      >Hmm, I can't guess what this problem is. Did hitting CTRL-C not get Vim back
      >to life?

      CTRL-C did get it back to work, and it updated the screen.

      The ++current_col; patch worked for me to fix this.

      --
      Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
      Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best