Re: CVS is alive (and up to date)

  • Wichert Akkerman
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 31, 2000
      Previously Johannes Zellner wrote:
      > something like a vim-pkg (vim script package manager) using a html form.
      > Not bad. With features like `install' `uninstall' `upgrade'. :-)
      > ... well I guess it should be kept simple.

      Next we'll need to add dependencies and so as well.. might as well
      come up with a standard way of making a vim script and create scripts
      to automatically create .deb and .rpms from that.

      > no problem. Something like a `nightly tar'. Cron is my friend. (or at
      > least one of my friends :)

      Built-in feature from sourceforge already I think.

      > The problem arises when using the same project (vim) for scripts and vim
      > itself as I've pointed out earlier. In principle this is the idea behind
      > CVS but it would mean giving write access to the repository for about
      > something like (currently) 200 syntax maintainers! There's no selective
      > write access to CVS AFAIK.

      There is indeed not

      > Alternatively and maybe better is a php (or simple good old cgi) file upload.
      > The syntax and script maintainers would upload the files which would
      > then processed by either a nifty script or the maintainer of the
      > archive. I think this is feasable. This could also be done for the
      > language `po' files.

      That would be a better option I think, and should be doable.

      Wichert.

      / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience \
      | wichert@... http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |
      | 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0 2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D |
    • Wichert Akkerman
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 2, 2000
        Previously Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Would it be possible to [....]

        Probably, yes. I'm going to see if I can come up with some php magic
        next week.