Re: Vim 6.0a alpha available

    Message 1 of 88 , Jul 10, 2000
      Matthew Winn wrote:

      > On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 08:37:56PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > Here it is, the first Vim in the 6.0 series.
      >
      > On AIX 4.1 gui_motif.c doesn't compile because of a missing include
      > file. It worked in 5.7a. Not a major problem for me because I don't
      > make much use of the GUI on AIX, but it's compiled in by default.
      > Disabling the GUI lets Vim compile with no problems. This may be
      > because we have an incomplete installation of X; I don't know X well
      > enough to debug this.
      >
      > cc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF -I. -O -o objects/gui_motif.o gui_motif.c
      > "gui_motif.c", line 1789.10: 1506-296 (S) #include file <X11/xpm.h> not found.

      I'll add a configure check for X11/xpm.h. But perhaps the "xpm.h" file is in
      another directory?

      --
      "You mean there really is an answer?"
      "Yes! But you're not going to like it!"

      Message 88 of 88 , Sep 22, 2000
        Nazri Ramliy wrote:

        > Any plan for having normal mode commands to jump around folds?
        >
        > like
        > zj moves the cursor to the next fold (down)
        > zk moves the cursor to the next fold (up)

        Yes, there are plans for this. Didn't work out the set of commands for this
        though. I like to add only a few commands, to avoid the need to learn many
        new commands. The two commands you mention should work well when folds don't
        nest, but it's unclear how they would work when there are nested folds.

        39. You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.