Re: syn keyword ... fold

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2000
      Charles Campbell wrote:

      > I think one of my <engspchk.vim> users found a hidden reserved syntax
      > modifier; try this out:
      >
      > vi tmp
      > :so tmp.vim
      >
      > with the following two files:
      >
      > -- <tmp> ------------------------------------------------------------
      > fold crumple
      > -- <tmp.vim> --------------------------------------------------------
      > syn clear
      > syn keyword Example1 fold
      > syn keyword Example2 crumple
      > hi link Example1 Statement
      > hi link Example2 PreProc
      >
      > You'll see that "crumple" gets highlighted as PreProc which is just fine, but
      > "fold" does *not* get highlighted as Statement. Sounds like "fold" is a
      > reserved word for the 6.0 future!

      Right. Just above ":help fixed-5.7":

      "display" and "fold" arguments for syntax items. For future
      extension, they are ignored now.

      One complication: "fold" can no longer be used as a keyword. It requires
      using a match item. Same for "syntax", which is a problem with vim.vim.
      Oops, forgot about that for the 5.7 release...

      183. You move your coffeemaker next to your computer.