Re: multiview (feature idea)

  • Stephen P. Wall
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2000
      > From: Johannes Zellner <johannes@...>
      >
      > " vim settings
      > set multiview=.tex
      > set path=.,$TEXINPUTS
      >
      > % latex file
      > \include{dyn}
      >
      > and placing the cursor on dyn and typing `gf' should search
      > in the path first for dyn and if not found (which is likely)
      > search for dyn.tex

      An option along these lines is in the offing for vim 6.0.

      --
      Free High Speed DSL Access:
      http://in.winfire.com/s/isapiEng.dll/wf.exe?cmd=rl&452,180045277&wf.exe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2000
        Johannes Zellner wrote:

        > I just wasn't able to find a nice solution to do
        > sort of a `multiview' with vim functions. So this
        > is an idea for a new feature `set multiview=...'

        For Vim ("real soon now") 6.0 there will be the 'suffixesadd' option.
        I think it does what you expect from "multiview". Here is the help for the
        option:

        'suffixesadd' 'sua' string (default "")
        local to buffer
        {not in Vi}
        {not available when compiled without the
        |+file_in_path| feature}
        Comma separated list of suffixes, which are used when searching for a
        file for the "gf", "[I", etc. commands. Example:
        :set suffixesadd=.java

        It's still a bit short...

        187. You promise yourself that you'll only stay online for another
        15 minutes...at least once every hour.