CVS commit syntax

  • Michael Schaap
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      Hi,

      I like the new cvs commit syntax file in 5.7. However, with the provided
      runtime files, it will only be loaded automatically when the commit file
      starts with cvs, followed by a number of digits. This is not the case on
      the platforms I'm working on. (On Linux, I get something like "cvsW18rmm",
      on Windoze 2000 "\2".

      I think I know a better way. As far as I know, the second line of a CVS
      commit file always starts with "CVS:" Therefore, if the following is added
      to scripts.vim:

      " CVS commit
      elseif getline(2) =~ '^CVS:'
      set ft=cvs

      it should work everywhere.

      Any comments? (Sorry, no patch)

      - Michael

      --
      Michael Schaap - mscha@... - www.mscha.com
      Marne 83, 1186 PE Amstelveen, The Netherlands

      Habeo nomen domani, ergo sum
    • Scott Bigham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
        On Jun 30, 2000, Michael Schaap wrote:

        > I think I know a better way. As far as I know, the second line of a CVS
        > commit file always starts with "CVS:" Therefore, if the following is added
        > to scripts.vim:
        >
        > " CVS commit
        > elseif getline(2) =~ '^CVS:'
        > set ft=cvs
        >
        > it should work everywhere.
        >
        > Any comments? (Sorry, no patch)

        That's what I did with my personal hacklet on the subject (all I did was
        highlight the 'CVS:' lines as comments, though), and it's always worked
        for me.

        -sbigham