Re: Problem compiling 5.7 with Perl 5.6.0

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2000
      Neil Bird wrote:
      > There was a thread about perl 5.6 problems a while ago, but I didn't
      > have time to follow it. However, I've just got 5.7 & it's throwing a
      > wobbler compiling in Perl. Any thoughts?
      >
      > ----
      >
      > if_perl.c: At top level:
      > if_perl.c:392: conflicting types for `XS_VIM_Msg'
      > proto/if_perl.pro:8: previous declaration of `XS_VIM_Msg'

      etc.

      I think I've fixed this with a one line change; it compiled after that
      fix, and I'm doing a clean/rebuid now to check it.

      src/if_perl.xs:364
      extern void boot_VIM _((pTHXo_ CV* cv));
      ^^^^^^^

      I added that (detail from XS macro def. in perl CORE/XSUB.h).

      I have no idea what it's for, why it's there, or what would need to be
      done to make the fix perl-version non-specific!

      No, there's more to it than that. That one change isn't quite enough.
      It's a bit odd. I need pTHXo_ in the proto/if_perl.pro defs. as well in
      order to compile if_perl.c, but if_perl.xs chokes on them. So they need to
      be missing for if_perl.xs to ... do whatever it does to become if_perl.c,
      but then need to be put in for if_perl. to later compile.

      Ay?

      --
      Neil Bird |
      mailto:neil.bird@... | then just stop using Outlook!