Re: True Type fonts problem

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2000
      Michael Tsirkin wrote:

      > > The GTK font selector allows you to set a filter, but it's not really easy
      > > to use...
      >
      > What do I filter for?

      Whatever you want. Just try it out. It often shows "font not available"
      though, complain to the GTK people if you want.

      > > > Maybe I was not clear enough: the message disappears completely,
      > > > almost immediately, so I did not even understand there was a message
      > > > until I looked very closely.
      > >
      > > So ":messages" does work? Anyway, I'll see if the message can be shown
      > > for at least a little time.
      >
      > Any luck with that yet?

      Didn't work on this yet. The rules for which message stays, which is
      overwritten and when to use the hit-return prompt is very complicated. I
      intend to work on this when Vim 6.0 becomes more stable.

      > I think a better solution would be not to close a font
      > selector menu if the font that I selected is not good.
      > That is, check when I click "OK" if the font is OK, before
      > closing the window.

      The font selector is supposed to only present you with valid entries. When
      you hit "OK" it should always work. If it doesn't, there is something wrong
      with the font selector.

      For GTK the font selector is a widget from the library. Can't change how it
      works, but perhaps the options used when starting it can be tuned.

      130. You can't get out of your desk even if it's time to eat or time
      to go to the bathroom.