RE: Patch 5.6.075

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2000
      Mike Steed wrote:

      > which looks correct. Then :set list, and you see
      >
      > ^I12345abcd$
      > ^I12345abcd$
      > ^I12345abcd$
      >
      > Shouldn't the second and third lines be identical to the first line? That
      > is, shouldn't they contain a tab and no spaces?

      Yes, the spaces in the second and third lines should have been removed.
      Unfortunately, this is a bit difficult to add to the existing code. I might
      want to completely change the way it works. Currently it remembers some
      positions, gives the user control to enter the text, then grabs the entered
      text and repeats it in the other lines. Thus the text is not entered "as
      typed" in the other lines, but copied from the first line. It would be better
      if the typed characters are repeated in each line. But that may cause other
      problems, this requires investigation. I don't plan to do that soon though...

      --
      This message contains 78% recycled characters.