more magic, please

  • Dr. Charles E. Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2000
      Hello!

      Those of you who use engspchk (vim-based English spell
      checker) have undoubtedly noticed as has Carl Mueller
      one little difficulty: words that are made "Error"
      highlighted as they're being typed in (until they're
      complete and not "misspellings").

      In order to avoid that, I need a magic atom that
      matches like \> *except* if the cursor is there
      in insert mode. May I propose "\:". Note that
      this atom is different from most atoms, as it
      concerns information that isn't available from the
      text itself.

      Variant: \: only matches at the point where the
      cursor is in insert mode. I could build the
      needed pattern then.

      Whatch'all think?

      Regards,
      Dr C