Re: multiple windows

  • Martijn van Beers
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2000
      On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 05:47:35PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Before you do anything, think about the problems you will run into and how to
      > solve them. For example, where will you put the command line? If each
      > separate window has its own command line, check the code you need to change
      > for this (probably a lot!). Also, can each window be in Insert or Normal
      > mode? Probably. Then you can no longer use the global State variable. There
      > are probably quite a few more like this. That's why I didn't try to implement
      > this. You could check out Elvis, since it does have multiple toplevel
      > windows.

      I probably am, since making vim do multiple windows wasn't my initial goal. I
      wanted to add bonobo (gnome's OLE-like component model) to vim, but this
      really needs multiple window support. I'm going to be trying to get that
      to work in elvis, but eventually I hope it will work in vim as well, so
      I'll probably be back on this. Thanks for the advice,

      Martijn

      --
      Martijn van Beers <martijn@...>