charity-advertising

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Hello Vimmers,

      This isn't really about Vim itself, but about advertising for Vim's charity.
      I would like to hear your opinion about this. And suggestions for
      improvement.

      To raise money for the orphans in Uganda, I have set up a few pages with
      click-through banners. ICCF Holland gets a little bit of money each time
      someone clicks on one or uses the linked service.

      I have set it up such that you only get to see this when you want. There is
      no unwanted advertising. Have a look yourself:

      http://www.vim.org/iccf/click.html

      They are currently from about.com (info portal), mailbits (mailing info) and
      nextcard (Visa creditcard). I could probably add more, let me know if you
      know a good one.

      Since I'm still working on the pages, I'm only sending this to the vim-dev
      list, which is hopefully an audience that understand things "under
      construction".

      What do you think? Is this a great way to make some money for Uganda?
      Perhaps we should put some of this on www.vim.org too? Or do you think it's
      the worst idea you have ever heard about?

      - Bram

      187. You promise yourself that you'll only stay online for another
      15 minutes...at least once every hour.

    • Bill Moshier
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2000
        Bram - It's a worthy cause, so I would put it on the vim.org
        site also.

        Bill

[...]

        /-/-- Bram Moolenaar --- Bram@... --- http://www.moolenaar.net
        --\-\