Re: Bug with ^X^L?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Robert Webb wrote:

      > Consider this file:
      >
      > aaa
      > bbb
      > ccc
      > bbb
      > ddd
      >
      > Now somewhere after this type "aa^X^L^X^L^X^L".
      >
      > You get:
      >
      > aaa
      > bbb
      > ddd
      >
      > But you should get:
      >
      > aaa
      > bbb
      > ccc
      >
      > The first ^X^L should match the line "aaa". Subsequent ^X^Ls are meant to
      > match the lines following the one matched, ie bbb and then ccc.

      Known problem. ^X^L doesn't remember where the previous completion came from,
      thus it searches for the next match of the current line. That's not what you
      expect. Unfortunately, the completion code is quite messy, I don't like
      working on it. It's quite easy to break something else while trying to fix
      this.

      183. You move your coffeemaker next to your computer.