Bug with ^X^L?

  • Robert Webb
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2000
      Hi,

      Consider this file:

      aaa
      bbb
      ccc
      bbb
      ddd

      Now somewhere after this type "aa^X^L^X^L^X^L".

      You get:

      aaa
      bbb
      ddd

      But you should get:

      aaa
      bbb
      ccc

      The first ^X^L should match the line "aaa". Subsequent ^X^Ls are meant to
      match the lines following the one matched, ie bbb and then ccc.

      Rob.

      --

      Robert Webb <RobertW@...>, R&D
      FAMOUS Technologies <http://www.famoustech.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 1:55 AM
        Robert Webb wrote:

        > Consider this file:
        >
        > aaa
        > bbb
        > ccc
        > bbb
        > ddd
        >
        > Now somewhere after this type "aa^X^L^X^L^X^L".
        >
        > You get:
        >
        > aaa
        > bbb
        > ddd
        >
        > But you should get:
        >
        > aaa
        > bbb
        > ccc
        >
        > The first ^X^L should match the line "aaa". Subsequent ^X^Ls are meant to
        > match the lines following the one matched, ie bbb and then ccc.

        Known problem. ^X^L doesn't remember where the previous completion came from,
        thus it searches for the next match of the current line. That's not what you
        expect. Unfortunately, the completion code is quite messy, I don't like
        working on it. It's quite easy to break something else while trying to fix
        this.

        183. You move your coffeemaker next to your computer.