Re: matchit.vim - peculiar problem

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27, 2000
      "Stephen P. Wall" wrote:
      > > From: Zdenek Sekera <zs@...>
      > >
      > > I am well aware of the sync problem and I see it on occassions
      > > myself, however, when I see it, the screen always looks (color-) wierd,
      > > not a pretty c-code highlighting. Not this time, though. That's
      > > the part I don't understand.
      > The problem is that c_minlines is not high enough to get the "#if 0".
      > However, it is getting enough of the C code within the #if 0 - #endif
      > to sort the correct highlighting out. So you see C highlighting instead
      > of comment highlighting.

      OK, that's a sensible explanation. And that's what one gets for 'random'
      testing :-), in my real code I never had such a situation that it would
      get enough to recognize a c-code. That's almost for laugh!

      By the way, I increased c_minlines to 500 and the problem went indeed
      And I don't see any slowdown whatsoever, maybe my Octane has something
      to say here...

      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > To work around this, I have improved the caching mechanism for syntax
      > in Vim 6.0.

      > Sorry, this code isn't available yet.

      > But the work is progressing well,
      > hopefully there can be an alpha release in one or two months.

      > Be patient!

      Never failed that!