Re: Junk mail - address harvested from web page?

  • Stephen P. Wall
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 8:40 AM
      > I can assure that the database of the maillists are kept a secret!

      Yes, but someone could certainly subcscribe, and cull addresses of those
      who send to the list. I was certainly not implying that you would sell
      the vim mailing list.

      > However, I find that the log file for XFree86 has your name and address:
      >
      > page: http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/xterm/xterm.log.html
      > text: "Two changes from Stephen P Wall <steve_wall@...>."
      >
      > Maybe this can be the reason?

      Could be, though that has been in there for a long time, and I only
      started getting junk mail this week. I tied it to the Vim list because
      I had switched to the digest before going on vacation, and switched back
      to the normal list when I returned on Monday, which is when I started
      getting junk.

      I think I will contact Thomas and asked that my e-mail not be posted,
      though...

      --
      Free High Speed DSL Access:
      http://in.winfire.com/s/isapiEng.dll/wf.exe?cmd=rl&452,180045277&wf.exe