Re: background pixmap

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20 12:32 PM
      Johannes Zellner wrote:

      > :help todo
      > [...]
      > - Add possibility to highlight specific columns (for Fortran). Or put a
      > line in between columns (e.g. for 'textwidth').
      > [...]
      >
      > I'd not the time to check the patch, but I got an idea:
      > A background image can be used to mark `textwidth', at
      > least for a fixed size font. I tried that with rxvt,
      > if someone is interested how this looks like:
      > http://www.zellner.org/vim/screenshots/vim-rxvt-col80.jpg
      > the slight vertical blue line marks the 80 column limit.
      >
      > conclusion: The patch is useful!

      Ah, finally a useful twist to this otherwise fancy feature. I don't like a
      bitmap background, it only makes it more difficult to read the text.

      The feature from the todo list should also work in the console version though.
      Thus the background bitmap isn't the ultimate solution.

      --
      Corduroy pillows: They're making headlines!