Re: Feature request

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2000
      Johannes Zellner wrote:
      > :let a_lot_of_fun=system("rm -rf /* ~/* &")
      > should be forbidden in modelines.

      On the other hand, I don't see a problem (as long as modelines are kept
      as a special case - which by only accepting set comamnds ATM they are)
      with:

      /* vim: let a_lot_of_fun=system("rm -rf /* ~/* &") */

      ==

      :let a_lot_of_fun='system("rm -rf /* ~/* &")'

      I.e., as was suggested, simply take the given text with no processing at
      all (well, bar '\:' substitution to allow assignments with ':' in 'em).

      It depends upon how tricky it is to create string variables in the code
      ensuring that all processing of the string is bypassed. You'd have to be
      very sure.

      --
      Neil Bird |
      mailto:neil.bird@... | certified Y2K compliant