Re: Folding thoughts

  • Rahul Joshi
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 19 2:26 AM
      Hi,

      Actually i asked this on vim user's list.

      We cannot write a regexp to match nested comments
      or nested parantheses (eg in a search pattern)
      but vim's syntax highlighting is more intelligent.

      It can hightlight nested comments.

      syntax region Comment start=/\/\*/ end=/\*\// \
      contains=Comment

      I was just thinking if we could use a similar
      thing for folding wherein we can have nested folds for
      nested structures. Eg. nested { } brackets.
      (if we assume that nested folding will be supported)

      so that we can fully fold a function - one fold per
      each pair of { }.

      regards.

      http://invites.yahoo.com