Re: syn question

  • Thomas Köhler
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2000
      On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 08:24:50PM +0200,
      Stephen P. Wall <swall@...> wrote:

      [...]
      > > 3. Your bookmark takes 15 minutes to scroll from top to bottom.
      >
      > Not quite that bad... 8-] They're mostly useless, anyways. Some
      > are so old, I don't even know if they still work. A bunch were put
      > there by the browser and I don't even know what they are. Somebody
      > should invent a better way to organize and track them. How about
      > a vim script? =-) Hey, if vim could display images and access
      > HTTP servers, it could even fetch the links and display them for
      > you... Netscape's new Gecko engine is supposed to be embeddable...

      Well, as I'm currently struggling to get my bookmarks database (it's
      really a database, mySQL-based) work better, I might as well come up
      with a few cool vim macros to add or delete URLs - Is there a way to let
      vim connect to mysql? :-}

      (OK, the idea would be to do some "mysqldump" of all the URLs, put those
      in a file, edit that file, and on :w, just put the data back in tha
      database)

      OK, now this one gets too silly I think...

      CU,
      Thomas

      IRC: jeanluc | on All Real