RE: myfiletypefile correction/improvement(?)

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2000
      Douglas Potts wrote:

      > > > My suggestion would be to include the myfiletypefile sourcing inside of
      > > > the filetype augroup definition (I've tried this and it works).
      > >
      > > Well, that's possible. But when you do "augroup filetype" inside your
      > > myfiletypefile it also works correctly, doesn't it? That's how it is
      > > recommended at ":help myfiletypefile".
      > Yes this works, and is what I'm using now. It just seems cleaner to not
      > need to include this in the myfiletypefile. Plus, since it is only a
      > matter of moving the source line up above the augroup END, it could save
      > the user some trouble.

      Well, it's cleaner in one way. A negative side is that the "myfiletypefile"
      file will depend on the environment. Thus it won't work when it is sourced in
      another environment. I don't like dependencies like that. According to
      Murphy, it always causes a problem for someone someday. And Murphy was an
      optimist!

      --
      LARGE MAN: Who's that then?
      CART DRIVER: (Grudgingly) I dunno, Must be a king.