Patch 5.6.058

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2000
      Patch 5.6.058
      Problem: When the 'a' flag is not in 'guioptions', non-Windows systems
      copy Visually selected text to the clipboard/selection on a yank
      or delete command anyway. On Windows it isn't done even when the
      'a' flag is included.
      Solution: Respect the 'a' flag in 'guioptions' on all systems.
      Files: src/normal.c

      *** ../vim-5.6.57/src/normal.c Mon Apr 3 21:11:14 2000
      --- src/normal.c Wed Apr 5 14:29:49 2000
      ***************
      *** 1441,1466 ****
      static colnr_t redo_VIsual_col; /* number of cols or end column */
      static long redo_VIsual_count; /* count for Visual operator */

      ! #if defined(USE_CLIPBOARD) && !defined(MSWIN)
      /*
      * Yank the visual area into the GUI selection register before we operate
      ! * on it and lose it forever. This could call do_pending_operator()
      ! * recursively, but that's OK because gui_yank will be TRUE for the
      ! * nested call. Note also that we call clip_copy_selection() and not
      ! * clip_auto_select(). This is because even when 'autoselect' is not set,
      ! * if we operate on the text, eg by deleting it, then this is considered to
      ! * be an explicit request for it to be put in the global cut buffer, so we
      ! * always want to do it here. -- webb
      */
      - /* MSWINDOWS: don't do this, there is no automatic copy to the clipboard */
      - /* Don't do it if a specific register was specified, so that ""x"*P works */
      if (clipboard.available
      && oap->op_type != OP_NOP
      && !gui_yank
      && VIsual_active
      && oap->regname == 0
      && !redo_VIsual_busy)
      ! clip_copy_selection();
      #endif
      old_cursor = curwin->w_cursor;

      --- 1441,1461 ----
      static colnr_t redo_VIsual_col; /* number of cols or end column */
      static long redo_VIsual_count; /* count for Visual operator */

      ! #if defined(USE_CLIPBOARD)
      /*
      * Yank the visual area into the GUI selection register before we operate
      ! * on it and lose it forever.
      ! * Don't do it if a specific register was specified, so that ""x"*P works.
      ! * This could call do_pending_operator() recursively, but that's OK
      ! * because gui_yank will be TRUE for the nested call.
      */
      if (clipboard.available
      && oap->op_type != OP_NOP
      && !gui_yank
      && VIsual_active
      && oap->regname == 0
      && !redo_VIsual_busy)
      ! clip_auto_select();
      #endif
      old_cursor = curwin->w_cursor;

      *** ../vim-5.6.57/src/version.c Wed Apr 5 10:05:34 2000
      --- src/version.c Wed Apr 5 14:39:52 2000
      *** 420,421 ****
      --- 420,423 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 58,
      /**/

      --
      SOLDIER: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
      ARTHUR: It could grip it by the husk ...