Re: myfiletypefile correction/improvement(?)

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
      Doug Potts wrote:

      > My suggestion would be to include the myfiletypefile sourcing inside of the
      > filetype augroup definition (I've tried this and it works).

      Well, that's possible. But when you do "augroup filetype" inside your
      myfiletypefile it also works correctly, doesn't it? That's how it is
      recommended at ":help myfiletypefile".

      --
      ERIC IDLE PLAYED: THE DEAD COLLECTOR, MR BINT (A VILLAGE NE'ER-DO -WELL VERY
      KEEN ON BURNING WITCHES), SIR ROBIN, THE GUARD WHO DOESN'T

    • Potts, Douglas
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2000

        Yes this works, and is what I'm using now. It just seems cleaner to not
        need to include this in the myfiletypefile. Plus, since it is only a
        matter of moving the source line up above the augroup END, it could save
        the user some trouble.

        Just my 2 cents,
        -Doug

        --
        Appl. Product Development S/W Engineer, Dispensing Group FANUC Robotics,
        NA.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2000
          Douglas Potts wrote:

          > > > My suggestion would be to include the myfiletypefile sourcing inside of
          > > > the filetype augroup definition (I've tried this and it works).
          > >
          > > Well, that's possible. But when you do "augroup filetype" inside your
          > > myfiletypefile it also works correctly, doesn't it? That's how it is
          > > recommended at ":help myfiletypefile".
          > Yes this works, and is what I'm using now. It just seems cleaner to not
          > need to include this in the myfiletypefile. Plus, since it is only a
          > matter of moving the source line up above the augroup END, it could save
          > the user some trouble.

          Well, it's cleaner in one way. A negative side is that the "myfiletypefile"
          file will depend on the environment. Thus it won't work when it is sourced in
          another environment. I don't like dependencies like that. According to
          Murphy, it always causes a problem for someone someday. And Murphy was an
          optimist!

          --
          LARGE MAN: Who's that then?
          CART DRIVER: (Grudgingly) I dunno, Must be a king.