v-insert & count

  • Johannes Zellner
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2000
      Hello,

      having
      fred
      highlighting the column of f's with <c-v> followed by 10Ia<esc> gives
      afred
      afred
      afred
      I would have expected
      aaaaaaaaaafred
      aaaaaaaaaafred
      aaaaaaaaaafred

      because visual.txt says:
      If you want to give a count to the command, do this just before typing the
      operator character: "v{move-around}3>" (move lines 3 indents to the right).

      --
      Johannes
    • Neil Bird
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2000
        Johannes Zellner wrote:
        > If you want to give a count to the command, do this just before typing
        > the operator character: "v{move-around}3>" (move lines 3 indents to the
        > right).

        I think I agree, although I can see Barm coming out with a Very Good
        Reason why it doesn't :-)

        On that note, though, how come 'I' works across <C-V> but not <S-V>?

        --
        Neil Bird |
        mailto:neil.bird@... | certified Y2K compliant