Re: Using % in makefiles...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2000
      Tim wrote:

      > I'm able to use the % key when on top of a C/C++ preprocessor command to
      > jump to corresponding commands (ie, when on top of a #if, it'll jump to
      > #else, if any, and #endif).
      >
      > Is it possible to extend that to makefiles? Some make utilities use !
      > instead of # as the first character. I find that I often replace makefile
      > commands (!if) with preprocessor ones (#if) just to find mismatched
      > commands.

      The use of '#' is hard-coded. To change this would require an option to
      define the character in front of the if/else/endif. You would set it to '!'
      for makefiles then.

      Hmm, perhaps it's possible to allow "!if", "!endif" and "!else" in C code too,
      without breaking anything. I don't think these can appear in a valid C file.
      We would not need an option then.

      --
      Q: What is a patch 22?
      A: A patch you need to include to make it possible to include patches.