Re: More on terminfo/vim/infocmp problem with vt100 on sgi

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2000
      Charles Campbell wrote:

      > In <term.c>'s tgetent_error() function, the TGETENT() returns
      > a -1, not a 0, on error (at least on my SGI Irix 5.3).

      From my tgetent() manpage:
      The tgetent() function returns -1 if none of the termcap data base
      files could be opened, 0 if the terminal name given does not have an
      entry, and 1 if all goes well.

      What does your manpage say?

      > Consequently the error message was wrong. I fixed that with the patch below
      > and now I get a message about terminal capability cm required

      This patch can't be right, "i == -1" is checked twice.

      Is zero returned in your situation?

      > Here's my vt100 entry from infocmp. Note that the cup=...
      > capability *is* present...

      Something strange is happening. Why can't the right entry be found?
      One hint: Check TBUFSZ in vim.h, it must be 2048 for AIX, but perhaps _AIX
      isn't defined?

      - Bram

      34. You laugh at people with 14400 baud modems.

      \ \ Vim: http://www.vim.org ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf / /