Re: Vim 5.6 tests failure on Solaris2.5.1

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2000
      Hugh Sasse wrote:

      > Thank you. Now, could you clarify your point about gvim, please? I had it
      > looking for the X stuff when it build vim, but no gvim window appeared
      > during tests. You said something about the tests being run in the
      > console, but the GUI window only appearing if the gui stuff was compiled
      > in. I'm pretty sure it was. Indeed, I have a gui.o and a gui_x11.o, but
      > no gvim as such. No window appeared when I ran the tests.

      On Unix, Vim is build with GUI capability build in (if possible). The same
      binary also runs in the console. You can start the GUI with the ":gui"
      command, or by making a link from "gvim" to "vim" and starting "gvim". When
      running "make install" the link for gvim is created for you.

      9. All your daydreaming is preoccupied with getting a faster connection to the
      net: 28.8...ISDN...cable modem...T1...T3.

      \ \ Vim: http://www.vim.org ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf / /