Re: automagic file header creation...

  • Johannes Zellner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2000
      On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Zdenek Sekera wrote:

      > [...]
      > > have a look at
      > > http://www.zellner.org/vim/functions/Header.vim
      > > it is a vim script and does exactly what you want.
      > >
      > [...]
      >
      > Johannes, a few words of usage wouldn't hurt IMHO :-)
      > I got it working somehow but have no idea if I use it
      > correctly. Would you have some spare words for me??????

      Since you're not the first who asked me ... I'll post this
      also to vim-dev.

      you've to have a line

      source ~/share/vim/vim56/Header.vim
      (or whereever you put it)

      in your ~/.vimrc

      Then simply open a *new* c, c++, java, ... file and look what happens.
      (You probably want to substitute my name with yours in Header.vim)

      You can also force header insertion by the command
      :Header <type>
      e.g.
      :Header c
      will insert a c header. (or try Header html)

      Also, if you write a file, the function HeaderTimeStamp()
      is called, which modifies the timestamp and filename.

      Try to understand what the script does so you can modify
      it to match your requirements.

      --
      Johannes