Re: Virtual Editing v4

  • Matthias Kramm
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2000
      On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 11:06:20PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > How about enabling Virtual Editing only when blockwise Visual selection is
      > started? Perhaps the 'virtualedit' option could be a string that indicates
      > when virtual editing is used (e.g., "" is never, "always" is always,
      > "blockwise" is only in blockwise Visual selection)?

      Nice idea. Anyway ve4 doesn't change much in the way visual selections work.
      (As e.g. visually selecting the middle of a tab block would require
      (a) changing the original file in a way like v2 did
      (b) lots of extra code
      )
      Maybe this should be an extra option, independent of ve? (Or even not optional?)

      Considering this string-sort of option, which would be other indicators
      to toggle between ve and nove? Insert mode and command mode? More ideas?

      Anyway, I'd like first to have some comments whether ve4 behaves ok. :)

      Greetings

      Matthias