swap g & G

  • Robin Becker
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
      I used always to map g G with old style vi so that I didn't need the
      shift for just moving here and there. Now vim has taken g to be
      something useful. Can I interchange the effects of g and G somehow?
      --
      Robin Becker
    • Bill McCarthy
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
        On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:10:00 +0000, Robin Becker wrote:

        >I used always to map g G with old style vi so that I didn't need the
        >shift for just moving here and there. Now vim has taken g to be
        >something useful. Can I interchange the effects of g and G somehow?

        I suppose you could always do:

        :noremap g G
        :noremap G g

        Now `g' put you at the end of file. To goto the top, you would do a `Gg'
        or `1g'.

        Of course, any vim stuff you download will need to be examined for `g' or
        `G' commands. Best to get comfortable with the default usage.

        Bill
      • Robin Becker
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
          In article <200002062122.QAA23212@...>, Bill McCarthy
          <WJMc@...> writes
          >On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:10:00 +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
          >
          >>I used always to map g G with old style vi so that I didn't need the
          >>shift for just moving here and there. Now vim has taken g to be
          >>something useful. Can I interchange the effects of g and G somehow?
          >
          >I suppose you could always do:
          >
          > :noremap g G
          > :noremap G g
          >
          >Now `g' put you at the end of file. To goto the top, you would do a `Gg'
          >or `1g'.
          >
          >Of course, any vim stuff you download will need to be examined for `g' or
          >`G' commands. Best to get comfortable with the default usage.
          >
          >Bill

          trouble is the default for me is swapped. I don't use the new g commands
          too much.
          --
          Robin Becker