Contributing syntax files

  • Robert E. Minsk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
      I have written several syntax files I would like to contribute to the vim
      source but I do not have much time to maintain them. How should I go about
      submitting them?
      ____ /----------------------------------\ . _ .
      / /_\_ | Robert "Killer Kadoogen" Minsk | |\_|/__/|
      | |/o\o\ | egbert@... | / / \/ \ \
      | \\_/_/ | | /__|O||O|__ \
      / |_ | | Centropolis Effects | |/_ \_/\_/ _\ |
      | ||\_ ~| | 10950 Washington Blvd., Studio B | | | (____) | ||
      | ||| \----------------------------------/ (_/ ||
      \// \ | ||
      || \ | ||
      ||_ \ | ||\
      \_| o| \ //_/
      /\___/ \______//
      / ||||__ __ || __||
      (___)_) (____(____)
    • Arnaud Launay
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2000
        Le Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 05:22:58PM -0800, Robert E. Minsk a écrit:
        > I have written several syntax files I would like to contribute to the vim
        > source but I do not have much time to maintain them. How should I go about
        > submitting them?

        Send them here, or to Bram -> bram@...

        Arnaud.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2000
          Robert E. Minsk wrote:

          > I have written several syntax files I would like to contribute to the vim
          > source but I do not have much time to maintain them. How should I go about
          > submitting them?

          Well, I only include syntax files when there is a maintainer. Otherwise they
          will get outdated or known bugs are not fixed. Maintenance doesn't take much
          time though (unless it's a popular and complicated syntax, like Perl).

          --
          SIGIRO -- irony detected (iron core dumped)

          \ \ Vim: http://www.vim.org ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf / /