:tnext - no warning when it gets to the end.

  • Robert Webb
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2000
      Hi,

      When there's only one match after using Ctrl-] to jump to a tag, using :tn
      or :tp gives no warning or error message. I think it should at least be a
      warning and say something like "No more tag matches". Sometimes if there
      are two matches, the code they are in may look very similar, and some tags
      programs will sometimes create two tags for the same line, in these cases
      the fact that the code didn't appear to change wouldn't let you know that
      there are no more tags matches, so the message would be really useful here.

      Thanks,
      Rob.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2000
        Robert Webb wrote:

        > When there's only one match after using Ctrl-] to jump to a tag, using :tn
        > or :tp gives no warning or error message. I think it should at least be a
        > warning and say something like "No more tag matches". Sometimes if there
        > are two matches, the code they are in may look very similar, and some tags
        > programs will sometimes create two tags for the same line, in these cases
        > the fact that the code didn't appear to change wouldn't let you know that
        > there are no more tags matches, so the message would be really useful here.

        Yes, that makes sense. I'll find out if this is easy to add.

        --
        (letter from Mark to Mike, about the film's probale certificate)
        I would like to get back to the Censor and agree to lose the shits, take

        \ \ Vim: http://www.vim.org ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf / /