Re: Small patch for Tcl Support (Under Win32)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2000
      Brent Fulgham wrote:

      > I tried to compile VIM with Tcl support on Windows95 using
      > the MS VC++ 6.0 compiler. However, my executables segfaulted
      > when trying to run any Tcl scripts.
      >
      > I am not much of a Windows programmer, being primarily a Linux
      > user, but after reading the latest Tcl documentation (for
      > Tcl 8.3) it seems an important initialization is missing from
      > the Tcl support. This patch allows VIM with Tcl support to
      > work properly.
      >
      > Note that the patch is actually in "main.c", to allow the
      > Tcl_FindExecutable routine access to argv[0] (the executable
      > name).

      This is OK according to the TCL docs on my Unix machine. If nobody complains
      I'll include this.

      > It is also desirable (if compiling against the latest Tcl) to modify
      > the Win32 build file as follows:

      Depends on the version of TCL you have... I'll add it, and comment-out the
      old one.

      > Hope this is helpful,

      Certainly. Thanks for the patch!

      --
      FATHER: You only killed the bride's father - that's all -
      LAUNCELOT: Oh dear, I didn't really mean to...

      \ \ Vim: http://www.vim.org ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf / /