RE: HOWTO: vim dos32 and windows clipboard

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2000
      Klaus,

      1) Please trim your quotes when replying! Thank you. :)

      2)
      > i don't know if it is of any usage (because it's from a Windows
      > (MFC) program),
      Not really, sorry. We already have code for accessing the clipboard
      from Windows, in the GUI versions. I supplied the DOS calls
      that would be needed for thsi to be added to the dos version. Right
      now I don't have the spare time to actually bolt this stuff in,
      which is why I sent it to the list in case someone was feeling
      bored out there..

      3)
      > I tried that (_vimrc):
      > set guioptions-=m
      > set guioptions-=M
      > set guioptions-=T
      > It speeds up a little bit, but not much.

      Bzzt! ;) That should be "set guioptions+=M". Or (drastic) replace
      menu.vim with an empty file. That said, I will concede that
      the dos version still starts up faster.

      4)
      > If there are any plans to integrate clipboard support for dos32 - could i
      > receive a notification?
      I don't know about formal plans, but I'm sure if someone
      produced a decent patch Bram would include it in 6.0.

      --
      Vince Negri (vnegri@...)
      Application Solutions Ltd. Tel:+44(0)1273-476608 Fax:+44(0)1273-478888