75610Re: Issue 202 in vim: Dot operator doesn't work with user-defined insert functions

  • Christian Wellenbrock
    Mar 13, 2014
      On Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:37:38 AM UTC+1, v...@... wrote:
      > Comment #7 on issue 202 by HoweJ...@...: Dot operator doesn't work
      >
      > with user-defined insert functions
      >
      > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=202
      >

      > No problem! Thank you for your input.
      >

      > --

      > issue notifications to this address.
      >
      > You may adjust your notification preferences at:
      >
      > https://code.google.com/hosting/settings

      I had a similar idea for operators working around text objects like the one you had in mind.

      I agree that this should be possible. Here is an idea that could make it possible:

      Make `v:operator` writable from within normal mode mappings and operator pending mappings. In this case the normal mapping could move the cursor to the last character of the visual selection and change the operator to `a`. (or to `i` on the first character)

      Is there any reason why `v:operator` needs to be read-only?