75367Re: Issue 28 in vim: out of the box, gVim 7.3.46 for Win32 cannot write swap files on Windows 7
- Feb 21, 2014Comment #13 on issue 28 by leed...@...: out of the box, gVim 7.3.46
for Win32 cannot write swap files on Windows 7
I'm hitting this on a relatively new Windows 7 install: anything that
requires Vim to use temporary files (diff, shell commands) results in
undesirable behaviour (E483 Can't get temp file name, or a diff that fails
to highlight differences).
* setting my environment variables
* including let $TMP="c:\temp" & let $TEMP="c:\temp" in my _vimrc
* disabling UAC & rebooting
* setting broad access permissions on the Vim install folder
* changing the 'Start in' directory of the Vim shortcut icon (to My
* including set directory=.,$TMP,$TEMP in my _vimrc
All to no avail I'm afraid. Not sure how else I can tell Vim to locate the
You received this message because this project is configured to send all
issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:
You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>