75367Re: Issue 28 in vim: out of the box, gVim 7.3.46 for Win32 cannot write swap files on Windows 7

  • vim@...
    Feb 21, 2014
      Comment #13 on issue 28 by leed...@...: out of the box, gVim 7.3.46
      for Win32 cannot write swap files on Windows 7

      I'm hitting this on a relatively new Windows 7 install: anything that
      requires Vim to use temporary files (diff, shell commands) results in
      undesirable behaviour (E483 Can't get temp file name, or a diff that fails
      to highlight differences).
      I've tried
      * setting my environment variables
      * including let $TMP="c:\temp" & let $TEMP="c:\temp" in my _vimrc
      * disabling UAC & rebooting
      * setting broad access permissions on the Vim install folder
      * changing the 'Start in' directory of the Vim shortcut icon (to My
      Documents)
      * including set directory=.,$TMP,$TEMP in my _vimrc
      All to no avail I'm afraid. Not sure how else I can tell Vim to locate the
      temp files.

      issue notifications to this address.