74432Re: gp vs p

  • Alexey
    Dec 10, 2013
      On Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:07:39 PM UTC+1, Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > What exactly do you consider a bug? Using p is a pretty basic action and
      >
      > changing the cursor position will be a backwards incompatible change and
      >
      > will probably break many scripts, macros and maps, thus it is not very
      >
      > likely, that this behaviour is going to be "fixed", especially since
      >
      > nobody has complained until now.

      Hmm "nobody has complained"? Interesting. Maybe i would have complained, but i've decided instead to remap *all* keys (including the colon, but excluding <Esc>) and use different set of default functions to make it less painful :) (IMO). I guess people do not complain about Vim, they just remap.

      Best regards,

      Alexey.