      Hi Johannes and Bram,

      I received a bug report from Masami Hirata.

      runtime/ftplugin/python.vim has two problrems.

      #1.
      > if exists('*<SID>Python_jump') | finish | endif
      Line 29 or later is script-local scope. But exists buffer-local
      processing.
      It's from line 43 to line 62.

      How to reproduce.
      1. New file "a.py" edit
      vim a.py

      2. Change insert-mode and input.
      iif a:<CR>x<Esc>

      3. I'll make sure before the x is 4 blanks. (from ftplugin/python.vim: 49)

      4. New file "b.py" open new window.
      :new b.py

      5. Change insert-mode and input.
      iif b:<CR>x<Esc>

      6. I'll make sure before the x is 1 tab. (ftplugin/python.vim: 49 is not reflected)

      #2.
      line 9,10 is save cpo and overwrite this. But When finish at line 29,
      cpo does not return to the original.

      I wrote a patch to solve above two problems.
      Please check and include this.

      Best regards,
      Hirohito Higashi