74246Re: gg=G

  • Ben Fritz
    Nov 26, 2013
      On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:59:21 AM UTC-6, Jorge Solis wrote:
      > Le jeudi 21 novembre 2013 10:22:39 UTC+1, Jorge Solis a écrit :
      >
      > > gg=G does not work in vim 7.4
      >

      > Ok, is true that I need to give more information...
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > In vim 7.3 gg=G works as expected... but when i upgrade ubuntu 13.10 vim was upgrade too to 7.4 and a lot of things dosent work anymore.
      >

      > For gg=G i try it just with a simple HTML file and a too with a HTMLDjango file. nothing hapend.

      Ok, THIS is probably the most important information. Automatic indent is based on filetype.

      > In a HTML for testing I try to do :ft=xml and indent again but nothing.

      :ft is not a command. Did you do ":set ft=xml"? If so, do you actually have filetype-specific indenting turned on? I.e. does your .vimrc contain one of the following?

      filetype indent on
      filetype indent plugin on
      filetype plugin indent on

      > I love VIM longtime ago, I use it everyday... and I never report bugs before but I am not really happy with 7.4.

      That's a shame. But what you've reported is actually a problem with either the indent script or your user settings.

      > These are not extrange bugs but stupid things like try to open a repertory $vim /etc/ and vim says, this is a repertory

      Huh? Do you mean directory? I'm pretty sure you don't mean this: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/repertory

      If you have a reproducible bug in filesystem browsing then by all means write a separate bug report for it. Lots and lots of people are using 7.4 without these problems, so it won't get fixed if we don't know about it.

      > or beeng in netrw and lose the current line when going in another tab... that's just really boring

      This sounds like another issue to report to the list in a separate message. Dr. Chip maintains netrw and is very responsive to bug reports. You should first make sure you don't have any \(Tab\|Win\|Buf\)\(Enter\|Leave\) autocmds interfering.