73498Re: Comile vim74 on GNU/Linux

  • tilden99@...
    Oct 4, 2013
      On Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:12:27 AM UTC-4, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > On 27/09/13 18:51, tilden99@... wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      >

      > > I'd like to install GUI vim (gvim) to GNU/Linux. I use MobaXterm.

      Thanks for the reply. I can compile (Hello World) using gcc without problem. I removed --host and --build but still got the same error. Not sure what "C compiler cannot create executables" means.

      I'll try to follow Tony's URL when I get a chance. BTW, I use WinSCP for now so that I can edit Unix file using my Windows gvim editor. Better than nothing.
      ==>./configure --prefix=$PREFIX
      configure: loading cache auto/config.cache
      checking for gcc... cc
      checking whether the C compiler works... no
      configure: error: in `/home/aho/usr/src/vim74/src':
      See `config.log' for more details.
      =========